Barnsley Healthcare Federation Link Works
What is Social Prescribing?
We know that taking care of your health involves more than just medicine. With Barnsley Healthcare Federation Link Works you can get specialist support for more than medical issues.
Your local Social Prescribers will contact you and spend time with you exploring what activities and/or local support could improve your health and well-being.
You can consider the benefits of participating in them, and we will assist and support you to plan your next steps.
What support can I get?
Our Social Prescribers can help you with a range of issues, including:
• Social isolation
• Emotional well-being
• Healthy lifestyle choices
• Getting out and about
• Life changing events such as birth, retirement, bereavement
• Long term health conditions
• Loss of confidence/purpose
• Poor health linked to housing conditions
• Accessing work, training and volunteering
What are the benefits?
• Improve your mental and physical health
• Meet new people
• Learn a new skill or participate in a new activity
• Increase self confidence and self-esteem
• Better quality of life
• Get involved in your community
Does it cost anything?
No, our service is free.
How do I access the service?
It’s simple, you can talk to your Healthcare Professional or surgery staff or contact an appropriate member of staff at school.
Alternatively for more information you can contact one of our Social Prescribers directly by emailing:
Who is it for?
Social prescribing for 14 -17
For more information contact:
Contact: Janie Wike